acer predator helios PH16-71-93FR windows 11 install

darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

acer predator helios PH16-71-93FR windows 11 install

Post by darknkreepy3# »

I bought one a few weeks ago and wow it's incredible. I have some light leaks on the top left side but nothing deal breaking or worse when i move the lid. i thought 240hz was a myth when "it looks better", holy $hit, it is amazing. The system doesn't overheat even on rendering in 3dsmax with ray tracing going on performance mode. It gets warm but not too hot, and it's a wonder.

I added windows 11 pro to it, bought a 2tb 980 nvme to expand it (refurbished from best buy) and an additional 32x2 crucial set of ram sticks to come that match. it's not light, the power supply is really a big brick, but it's not that bad at all overall.

Installing windows 11 pro was a challenge as there are two things to setup to do so from scratch, one being turning the touch pad to PS2 in bios settings and then the storage setting on the main page of bios (press F2 as the laptop turns on to enter bios)

MAIN PAGE VMD change to OFF so normal windows 11 usb install (23H2 as of writing this) can see your nvme drive and controller to install windows. remember this will erase the software and settings that they put on at the factory. To install, you can just choose each partition and delete them until it is all unused space and then install.

Download the newest versions of all the software on that page. the user manual is at the bottom just scroll down.

this is the software support and bios
https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/prod ... /downloads
update to 1.16 page. PH16-71-93FR is the model

Once your install is good, install the network, chipset and other drivers you downloaded. you will see in each package how to do that. Remember once it starts to see your wifi or lan cable if you connect with that, let windows do some updates. Then change your bios setting to 12C HID for the cool gesture abilities of the touchpad in windows.

Finally, Adobe users, especially photoshop, after effects and premiere, etc. GPU rendering doesn't automatically choose the 4080 gpu in this and the mux switching can be done in bios as well.

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articl ... plications

Some notebooks can be configured so the discrete GPU is the only device used for all graphic application. This feature is also referred to as a MUX (Multiplexer) switch.

A MUX switch allows you to manually enable or disable the integrated GPU. Many Predator notebooks made in 2022 have added this chip to modify the connection between the discrete GPU, the integrated GPU and the display. With the included MUX switch technology, you can disable the integrated graphics to increase performance in games at the expense of reduced battery run time.

Note: The USB Type C port will not support video over Display Port when the feature is enabled.

How to enable Discrete GPU only in PredatorSense
Open the PredatorSense application and click on the settings icon in the upper right corner.
Select the Discrete GPU only option and move the slider to the right to enable.
Close PredatorSense application and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

How to optimize GPU setting in the CMOS Setup
Power your computer completely off by holding the power key down for 5 seconds.
Power your computer on and press the F2 key as soon as the Acer logo appears to enter the CMOS setup.
Use the arrow keys to select the Advanced tab.
If the field Display mode is not visible, then press the keys Ctrl + S to access hidden features.
Use the arrow keys to confirm the display mode is set to NVIDIA GPU Only.
Select the Exit tab.
Select Exit Saving Changes.